A Week in Scotland



Wondering what adventures I've been getting stuck into over the past week? Digging my paws into Scottish soil - that's what!

Here's all the gossip...

Revealing my inner daredevil.

I loved where we stayed - because there was an entire woodland on our doorstep!
Exploring Scotland's woodlands.
We stayed in a converted barn on the Finlaystone Country Estate, just outside of Glasgow. Every morning, we'd take on one of the trails, with the hardest trail taking about 90 minutes to complete. There were woods to explore, waterfalls, and gardens, but my favourite part was the adventure playground, which included giant trucks, ships, and buses!
My first driving lesson!
Scotland's Most Wanted.
Commuter.
I've never really revealed my daredevil side to Josanne and Richard before but I thought this was a perfect opportunity to let it all come out; I leapt up ladders, slid down slides, and even attempted to gallop across some moving stepping stones!

Climbing Arthur's Seat and keeping guard at Edinburgh Castle.

Our day in Edinburgh was one of the best!

We visited Holyrood Park and climbed to its highest point, Arthur's Seat, which is a dormant volcano. At 251 metres above sea level, it gives great views over the Edinburgh, plus I made plenty of human and doggy friends along the way.
Taking a little rest on Arthur's Seat.


After lunch, we took a stroll around the beautiful city, and made our way up to Edinburgh Castle. Unfortunately, the castle itself isn't dog-friendly but (as you may know!) I'm quite the poser, so I did take the time to stop for a photo opp! You can see that photo at the top of this post.

Exploring Loch Lomand.

Although we would have loved to try to spot Nessie up in the Loch Ness, we decided to save on the travel time, swapping the hours we would have spent in the car for exploring the beautiful Loch Lomand instead.

It didn't disappoint; we strolled along the loch, passed through little villages, ran through woodlands, and discovered glens. Whenever we passed a cove, I was more than happy to play on the banks but I quickly made it clear to the humans that there was no chance of me taking a dip in the water!
The postcard shot, at Loch Lomand in Scotland.
Digging my toes in the sand.

Just going for a stroll.
Lapping up the attention over dinner.

Josanne sussed out all of the dog-friendly restaurants, cafes, and bars before we got to Scotland.

My favourites included Mono, The Flying Duck, and the 13th Note, where resident whippet Pete lives! Pete and I had a brief trick-off before sprawling out on the sofas whilst the humans ate vegan haggis.

All in all, it was another brilliant holiday! I can't wait for our next trip.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.